SHOT STOPPING DRILL
This drill is designed to really work your goalkeeper across the full goal.
Ideal for end of session or competition between keepers.
All you need is,
- goal marked out
- 4-8 footballs
Set one cone on the byline about 2-3 yards away from goal post.
Shooter to be at least 10 yards out with footballs.
- Keeper starts on post and goes out to cone.
- Once reached cone keeper turns and heads back into goal.
- As keeper makes it to goal post, shooter takes a shot at goal.
- Idea is to work the keeper and try and get them to move feet and
make the save.
- Once save is made keeper makes way back to cone and repeats untill all footballs have been used or coach calls.
- Work both sides
Advance the drill
- Adjust the shots, keep low and work high or stretch the keeper
- Change the angle of service or place footballs around area to keep keeper guessing which ball is in play.
- Set a game where on returning to cone the keeper has to call out a current pro goalkeepers name (can use team names or anything you want) makes the goalkeeper think espically when tiring. I have used this and placed a forfiet for every wrong name or no call out.
Left is a short video of me using this drill in a session, great fun for all goalkeepers and a good workout.